This project is read-only.

SSIS 2008 task

May 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Will you be creating this task for use in SSIS2008?  I ask because I cannot seem to get SSIS2008 team studio to recognize the component when I try to add it.

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I have this working with VS2008 and SQL2008.

Make sure you have the components placed into the

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks

folder and NOT

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks

 

Don't know if its that simple for you or if you have recompiled the source code, watch the version numbering..... You need to change ALL of the version numbers or it wont work.

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM
tf007 wrote:

I have this working with VS2008 and SQL2008.

Make sure you have the components placed into the

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks

folder and NOT

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks

 

Don't know if its that simple for you or if you have recompiled the source code, watch the version numbering..... You need to change ALL of the version numbers or it wont work.

Hi tf007,

What do you mean by "watch the version numbering..... You need to change ALL of the version numbers or it wont work.". I cannot register this component with VS2008 either. And I placed the components into C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks.

VS2005 is fine.

Thanks!

 

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I have just downloaded this to see if it'll do the job for us. I can't get it to work in 2008 either. We have a slightly odd configuration though, so any help would be appreciated.

We have a 64 bit version of windows and the 32 bit version of VS2008.

Like the post above, I can get this to work in 2005, but I can't even see the object in 2008 to add into the toolbox. I registered it properly and it's in the 100 not the 90 folder.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Hi,
For my part, I had to download the sources, I recompiled the project under framework 3.5 (not working with net 4 in my OS (Win 7 Sp1 32b)).
For being able to recompile the project (I used VisualStudio 2010), I had to remove the 3 dll ref that were missing (the DTS ones). You can find these in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SDK\Assemblies" (yes you need to install the SDK client tools from the setup of the SQL Server CD).

Then copy the new DLL (+ the third party one) in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Tasks".

Then add the 2 DLL in the GAC (try to use the gacutil.exe, cause when you have an error at least you can read it compare to the drap and drop method).

After that, in VisualStudio 2008 BI, with a SSIS project, I could find the task in the choose item... menu !

regards,